Saturday, December 8, 2007

city lights


During the immense light shower for about the first month of my stay here, I felt that even the European cities were lacked of night life. This place is a crazy all night-er venues.
Everything at night become more spectacular with all these lights competing with their neighboring buildings.
Everyone is trying to emphasize the beauty of each building and this phenomenon put me in a sense of being manipulated. I don't like this feeling. These are all in total is too much for me.

I miss the calmness cozy light of the places in Europe I have visited. And my life of the commoners is somehow shifted to high-styled life of some one resembling me.

The city has formed me into a being that is part not me, but as I continued to live here, I understand its beauty behind all this pretentious glamors it offered. There is a sad story behind each of the building and I feel sorry for being ignorant at my first glance.

I am grateful that I can see in front of these light-shows, on the river Huangpu, we can always find the subtle Shanghai, which sails away in the dark night.

From this port I can also revisit you, far away there in Semarang. Through all the dark nights and be friended with the glimmering stars, we see each others' soul. I am with you as you are with me, missing each moment we are together, hoping to meet and greet each other. With the night air becoming too cold to bear, I feel your warm and sweet words kindly comforting me.

Rest assured my Dear, this heart will not sail else where... It has yearned to see you all this time.

No comments: